TERMS OF SALE
a. Item Descriptions
The description of the Goods is based on the best information available to PDI National Salvage Inc..
b. Goods sold “as-is/where-is”
All Goods are sold on an "as-is/where-is" basis. PDI National Salvage Inc. makes no warranty, expressed or implied, legal, contractual or verbal, as to the quantity, kind, character, quality, weight, size, condition or fitness for any use or purpose with respect to the Goods listed on this PDI National Salvage Inc. website. Goods are purchased at the Purchaser's own risk and peril.
Any mention of a sale item’s condition in the sales listing represents the best assessment of the sales representative at the time of listing and is offered for guidance only and is not an enforceable condition of sale.
c. Inspection of Goods
Inspection prior to submitting an offer is the responsibility of the User and may be arranged by appointment only during regular office hours with the custodian of the Goods at the location(s) indicated on the sale listing.
d. Offers to Purchase
When making an Offer to Purchase, the User acknowledges that they have been provided with full opportunity to inspect the Goods and is fully satisfied with respect to the condition of the Goods.
Once an Offer to Purchase is made, a User may not withdraw it. However, a User may modify their Offer to Purchase at any time before the closing date indicated on the listing. After the closing date, the Offer to Purchase cannot be changed and is irrevocable.
PDI National Salvage Inc. reserves the right to reject any or all Offers to Purchase, if it believes the Offer to Purchase does not meet one or more of the Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Time of Essence (Payment and Removal)
- a. Time is of essence to this Solicitation. It is essential that payment be made and goods removed within the time frame stipulated in this Agreement. Non-compliance of payment or removal will lead to the cancellation of the sale, awarding to the next highest bidder or re-listing of the sale, and the non-compliant buyer may be responsible for liquidated damages.
Evaluation Criteria / Acceptance of Offer / Issuing Of Invoice
a. After the closing date for the submission of Offers to Purchase Goods on the website, PDI National Salvage Inc. may accept the Offer to Purchase in its sole and unfettered discretion.
b. Acceptance of the successful Offer to Purchase will be communicated by e-mail notification following the close of the sale (the “Acceptance of Offer”). The Acceptance of Offer will include a link to the Invoice for the Goods as well as instructions to the Purchaser for payment of the Goods;
- c. All sales are final. No purchased Goods may be returned and no requests for reimbursement in whole or in part will be accepted.
a. Payment for the Goods must be made following notification that your Offer to Purchase has been accepted and in accordance with the number of payment days identified on the individual sales listing. Payment must be made in full and in accordance with the instructions provided in the Invoice and Acceptance of Offer.
b. Payment can be made on-line, with Interac Debit, Visa Debit, Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit cards. In some locations, payment may also be accepted in person with a valid debit card, credit card, cash or certified cheque and a valid piece of government-issued photo identification. With prior approval from PDI National Salvage Inc., the Bidder can send a certified payment by post. Payment is made payable to PDI National Salvage Inc.. PDI National Salvage Inc. does not accept either credit card payments over the phone nor pre-paid credit card.
- c. Risk of loss passes to the Purchaser upon receipt of payment in full or in part. Transfer of ownership of the Goods will only occur upon receipt, by PDI National Salvage Inc., of payment in full, and removal of goods within stipulated time.
Bill of Sale
a. The Bill of Sale will be available to the Purchaser following the receipt, by PDI National Salvage Inc., of payment in full.
- b. The Bill of Sale may include timelines for the Removal of the Goods. The Purchaser agrees to adhere to the timelines and instructions contained in the Bill of Sale.
a. Failure of Purchaser to remove all the purchased Goods at the specified time in accordance with all applicable terms and conditions will be deemed to be a breach of contractual condition; in which event PDI National Salvage Inc. may at its sole discretion terminate the contract of sale and retain payment.
b. Removal of the Goods will be allowed only after the receipt, by PDI National Salvage Inc., of payment in full.
c. Removal of the Goods must be done at the location following payment or in accordance with the number of removal days identified on the individual sales listing. The Bill of Sale will also display the accurate removal date. The Purchaser must contact, indicated in the Sale, to schedule the removal of the Goods within the period of time indicated.
d. Packing, loading and removal of the Goods are the sole responsibility of the Purchaser and at the Purchaser’s own expense.
e. The Purchaser must present an Authority to Release document, the Bill of Sale and a valid piece of government-issued photo identification to PDI National Salvage Inc. at the time of the removal of the Goods.
f. Notice of cancellation of a scheduled removal must be given to PDI National Salvage Inc. at least 24 hours in advance. Failure by the Purchaser to provide a notice of cancellation may result in a financial charge for administrative fees or cancellation of the Purchaser's account;
g. In a situation where the removal of the Goods is not possible due to PDI National Salvage Inc. actions or negligence, PDI National Salvage Inc.’s liability shall be limited to a refund of the full purchase price of the Goods.
h. Any damage to the Goods sold, as well as any damage to the property of PDI National Salvage Inc. by the Purchaser, during the removal of the Goods, shall be the sole responsibility of the Purchaser.
i. The Purchaser must have the proper material handling and safety equipment and transportation to pick up their items. If, in the opinion of PDI National Salvage Inc., the equipment or methods used to remove the items are deemed unsafe, PDI National Salvage Inc. may refuse the pickup and withdraw any assistance.
- j. The Purchaser may require the assistance of PDI National Salvage Inc. for the removal of large items. PDI National Salvage Inc. may, at its sole discretion, accept to assist a Purchaser with the removal of an item.
Amendments to the Terms and Conditions of Sale
- a. PDI National Salvage Inc. and the Purchaser may agree to amend these Terms and Conditions of Sale at any time between the announcement of the winning bid, and final removal of Goods and such agreement shall be valid, provided it is in writing and signed by both PDI National Salvage Inc. and the Purchaser.
- a. Neither the goods sold through the PDI National Salvage Inc. web site, nor the information therein contained are warranted. Buyers are strongly advised to independently verify the information pertaining to the goods as the well as the goods themselves before placing an offer for any sales transaction.
Last update: August 21, 2020
The respect of your private life is of the utmost importance for PDI National Salvage Inc., and PDI National Aggregates Inc., who is responsible for this website.
- the way your personal information is collected and processed. "Personal information" means any information that could identify you, such as your name, your mailing address, your email address, your location and your IP address;
- your rights regarding your personal information;
- who is responsible for the processing of the collected and processed information;
- to whom the information is transmitted;
- if applicable, the website's policy regarding cookies.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following personal information:
- Last Name
- First name
- Mailing address
- Postal code
- Email address
- Phone and/or fax number
- Credit card number
The personal information we collect is collected through the collection methods described in the following section.
2. FORMS AND METHODS OF COLLECTION
Your personal information is collected through the following methods:
- Website registration form
- Order form
- Survey form
We use the collected data for the following purposes:
- Order tracking
- Special offers
- Managing the website
Your personal information is also collected through the interactivity between you and the website. This personal information is collected through the following methods:
We use the personal information thus collected for the following purposes:
- Website management
4. COOKIES AND LOG FILES
We collect information through log files and cookies. These allow us to process statistics and information on traffic on the Website, to ease navigation and improve your experience for your comfort.
a) Cookies used by the Website
The cookie files used on the Website are the following:
- IP address
- Operating system
- Pages visited and queries
- Day and time of connection
The use of such files allows us to achieve the following purposes:
- Improvement of the service and personalized welcome
- Personalized consumption profiles
- Order tracking
- Statistical surveys
You have the right to object to the recording of these cookies and log files by configuring your web browser.
Once you have deactivated cookies and log files, you may continue your use of the Website. However, any malfunction resulting from this deactivation may not be considered of our making.
5. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information collected by the Website is not transmitted to any third party and is processed only by us.
6. STORAGE PERIOD OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The controller will keep in its computer systems, in reasonable security conditions, the entirety of the personal information collected for the following duration: 5 years.
7. HOSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our website is hosted by: Shopify.ca, located at the following address:
The host may be contacted at the following web address https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/customer-support?buyer=routing
Personal information we collect and process is exclusively hosted in Canada.
The "Controller" is: Shannon Kurt. The Controller may be contacted as follows:
The Controller is in charge of determining the purposes for which personal information is processed and the means at the service of such processing.
b) Obligations of the Controller
The Controller is committed to protecting the personal information collected, not to transmit it to third parties without informing you, and to respect the purposes for which personal information was collected.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of your personal information is compromised, the Controller is committed to notify you.
9. RIGHT OF OBJECTION AND OF WITHDRAWAL
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by the Website ("right to object"). You also have the right to request that your personal information does not appear, for example, on a mailing list ("right to withdraw").
If you wish to exercise the right to object or the right to withdraw, you must follow the procedure described hereinafter:
The user must submit a request to the Controller at the email address indicated above.
10. RIGHT OF ACCESS, OF RECTIFICATION AND OF REMOVAL
You have the right to consult, update, modify or request the removal of information about you by following the procedure described hereinafter:
The user must submit a request to the Controller at the email address indicated above.
If you have a personal account, you may request its removal by following the procedure described hereinafter:
The user must submit an email to the data Controller. This email must contain the information on the account (associated email address as well as account number). The email must be sent to the data Controller using the address provided above.
Personal information we collect is stored in a secured environment. People working for us are obligated to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following methods:
- SSL (Security Sockets Layer) Protocol
- SET (Secure Electronic Transaction) Protocol
- Access management - person authorized
- Access management - person concerned
- Network surveillance software
- Automatic backup
- Digital certificate
We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations that allow us to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. Nevertheless, no mechanism can ensure a complete security and transmitting personal information on the Internet always entail a part of risk.
12. PRIVACY CERTIFICATION
Our commitments relating to the protection of personal information meet the standards of the following program(s):
- TRUSTe: http://truste.org
- WebTrust: http://webtrust.net
- VeriSign: http://www.verisign.com
- BBBonline: http://bbbonline.org
15. APPLICABLE LAW
We are committed to respect the legislative provisions as specified in:
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c 5; and/or
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSO 1990, c F.31.